Pokemon London
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Machamions Short guide to K-Value

Go down

The Machamions Short guide to K-Value Empty The Machamions Short guide to K-Value

Post  The Machampion Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:38 pm

As the season of 2008-2009 gets underway, many people will feel theres is no chance that there worlds invite will come from nationals. However, the good thing about pokemon is that the gameplay limits you to a few chances... and to me that means more determintation in some parts that others.

According to the Championship Series page on the Pokemon Organized Play website, the K-Values of this season's premier events are as follows (with last year's points in parentheses):

* Battle Roads Autumn - 4 points (07-08: 8 points)
* City Championships - 16 points
* State Championships - 32 points
* Regional Championships - 32 points (07-08: 36 points)
* Battle Roads Spring - 4 points (07-08: 8 points)
* National Championship - 32 points (07-08: 44 points)

Most of the K-Values have been relatively lowered, though Cities and States' remain the same. Participating in States and Regionals is now as important as participating in Nationals, whereas before, Nationals was worth much, much more. Battle Roads' points have decreased, but in comparison to the decrease in other events, they are about worth the same as last year.

For those of you who do not know what K-Values are, they basically determine how much an event is worth, thus affecting your rankings. You obviously want to participate and perform well in some of the more "worthy" events to increase your standings and to give yourself a better chance of earning an invitation to Worlds.

So in my eyes.. Unless your super keen on a Battle Road win then i would go to around 2 or 3 and not go mega bezerke on them like i did last year and crash in top 4 in each event. However, this year i have planned to pace myself and take it easy. I plan on going to around 5 Battle roads, in which all i know i will do well becuase i know the plays and decks. But come regionals and cities i will go to nearly all.

So Have a good, fun season and i will post the current BR'S up
The Machampion
The Machampion

http://www.myspace.com/lukthefallenone

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum